“Climb for Equality” Created by Luna, Subhadra, and Yoshiko, courtesy of Asian/Pacific Islander Domestic Violence Resource Project (DVRP)
The sexual harassment that has been reported in the last two years has been both horrific and illuminating.
The Legal Network for Gender Equity connects people who face sex discrimination — like sex harassment — at work, at school, or when getting health care, with legal assistance. The Legal Network can also connect you with help if you are retaliated against for complaining about sex discrimination. If your case involves sex harassment at work, the TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund may be able to help pay for your legal case and for media and storytelling assistance.
Starting June 2020, the Legal Network for Gender Equity can also help connect you to attorneys for legal help or questions about accessing paid sick leave and paid leave to care for a child whose school or childcare provider is closed because of COVID-19. To learn more about this leave click here.
– “I have experienced sexual discrimination or harassment at work, in school, or when trying get health care, and I need an attorney.”
– “I need paid sick leave because of COVID-19 or paid leave to care for my child because my child’s school or childcare provider is closed for COVID-19.”
– “What can I do?”
How it works:
1. Fill out our intake format this link.
2. We will send you the names of three lawyers in the Legal Network for Gender Equity who practice in your area if your situation involves:
– Sex discrimination at work, as a student in school, or as a patient getting health care; or
– Accessing paid sick leave and paid leave to care for a child whose school or child care provider is closed because of COVID-19.
3. You are responsible for reaching out to the lawyers.
4. You can look here for additional resources.
5. Lawyers in the Legal Network agree to do a free initial meeting with people coming to them through the Legal Network. Some of these lawyers also offer lower rates or free assistance, but others require payment after the first meeting.
If your case involves sex harassment at work, the TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund may be able to help pay for your legal case and for media and storytelling assistance.
To apply for case funding, click here.
To apply for media and storytelling assistance, fill out our intake form and answer “yes” to the question about PR assistance
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]
The Legal Network for Gender Equity and the TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund are housed and administered by the National Women’s Law Center Fund, LLC (NWLCF).