The Legal Network for Gender Equity and TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund hosted a webinar on “Abortion Rights and Legal Protections for Pregnant Workers in the Post-Dobbs Era,” on April 13, 2023.
This webinar addressed the following topics:
- Abortion terminology and a historical overview of key Supreme Court cases that address abortion access, including Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization
- Protections and accommodations for workers included in the Pregnancy Discrimination Act and recently passed Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
- Implementation and notice and comment rulemaking regarding the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
- The recently created Abortion Defense Network, an initiative the National Women’s Law Center has helped build along with five other reproductive rights partner organizations. The Abortion Defense Network will serve as an expansive legal resource for people who get caught up in legal action because they provide or support abortion.
- Gaylynn Burroughs (she/her), Director of Workplace Equality, National Women’s Law Center
- Noel León (she/her), Director of the Abortion Access Legal Defense Fund, National Women’s Law Center
- Lizzy Vogel (she/her), Senior Counsel, Legal Network for Gender Equity & TIMES UP Legal Defense Fund, National Women’s Law Center (Moderator)
Copies of the slides are available for download on this page.