- What personal information of yours is collected through the Sites;
- How such information is used;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and disclosure of your information;
- How we protect your information; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
What Information NWLC Collects:
NWLC may collect information, including personal information, about you when you use the Sites or otherwise interact with us. This may include:
- When you fill-in our online form to receive communications from us or to refer a friend to our network, such as your name, telephone number, email address, and other information about your interest in our work, or information that you provide to us about individuals you refer to our network.
- When you communicate with us, for example to respond to our emails or choose to share your story with us, such as your name, contact information, and any other information you provide when you correspond with us.
- About your interactions with the Site, such as information about your device, browser type, IP address, geolocation information, referring website from which you accessed the Site, pages you viewed on the Site, how long you spent on a page on the Site, access times, and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
- When you make a donation, such as information about your transaction and payment method.
- If you volunteer with or engage with NWLC’s advocacy efforts, including participating in the Legal Network for Gender Equity, taking an advocacy action, or signing up to join our email and notification lists, information such as your name, contact information, information about your profession if you volunteer to provide professional services, and information about efforts and causes which may interest you.
- When you request services from NWLC or its programs, such as your name, contact information, and information about your request (including intake information pertaining to a request for legal assistance or financial support, such as income and employment history).
How NWLC Uses and Discloses Information
NWLC uses the information it collects for the following purposes:
- To fulfill your requests with respect to NWLC’s offerings. For example, to process your donation or provide you with information or legal services that you request.
- To support the activities of NWLC. For example, to conduct research on issues we support, assess NWLC programs, carry out the work of the TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund, or develop new initiatives.
- If you use “Tell a Friend.” If you elect to use NWLC’s referral service for informing a friend about NWLC’s Sites, NWLC asks that you provide the friend’s name and email address. NWLC will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting her or him to visit the Site(s).
- To maintain and improve the Sites. For example, to help diagnose problems with NWLC’s server, administer the Sites, analyze trends, track users’ movement. NWLC may also use broad demographic information in aggregate form to improve the Sites, and deliver customized, personalized content.
- To contact you regarding NWLC, its efforts, and issues and activities of likely interest to you. For example, if you choose to sign up for the advocacy email list, you may receive communications and updates from us. See below for information on unsubscribing from our communications.
- For legal reasons. We may use your personal information to comply with law or legal requests, such as a valid and legally enforceable warrant, subpoena, court order, law or regulation, or other judicial or administrative order.
- To protect you, ourselves, and others. We may use your information if we reasonably believe it is necessary to enforce or investigate potential violations of applicable terms, agreements, or policies; to investigate and defend ourselves against legal threats or actions; to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm or death to a person; to protect our organization, employees, contractors, users, or the public; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise assess and address potential spam, malware, fraud, abuse, unlawful activity, and security or technical concerns.
NWLC does not share or sell its lists of contacts gathered online or lists of donors who have given online or offline with other organizations, except, in certain instances, with NWLC’s affiliated organization, the National Women’s Law Center Action Fund, and third-party vendors as described below. From time to time, NWLC may send you materials by U.S. Postal Service mail when it thinks they may be of interest you. However, if you do not wish to receive materials by U.S. mail, you can let NWLC know by emailing [email protected].
NWLC may also disclose the information it collects as described below:
- With third parties that provide us with services. We may disclose your information on a confidential basis, for example, to vendors that process credit card transactions, fulfill merchandise requests, or facilitate fundraising or advertising campaigns.
- With our partners, if you sign up for or are interested in an initiative we offer with partners. With your consent, we may disclose your information to other non-profits or entities if we jointly offer an event or initiative.
- To comply with law or legal requests or to protect ourselves and others. We may disclose your information to third parties for the purposes described above, for example, to comply with a legal request for information, to defend ourselves in litigation, or to enforce our agreements with third parties.
We may also use or disclose your personal information for additional purposes with your express consent.
Use of “Cookies”:
Third Party Information Collection:
NWLC does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties.
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect it from loss, theft, alteration, or misuse. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While NWLC strives to protect your information, it cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Other Web Sites:
NWLC’s Sites contains links to other web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another web site for which NWLC has no responsibility. NWLC encourages you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different from NWLC’s policies.
NWLC reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to modify this policy by simply posting such changes on its Sites. Any modifications will be effective immediately upon posting. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, or want to review or change any personal information previously provided please contact NWLC through any of the communication channels listed below.
Unsubscribing or Contacting the Sites:
If you do not want to receive any emails from NWLC in the future, visit this page to unsubscribe. Note that your donation and/or activist records will remain in NWLC’s databases, but your log-in and email addresses will be deactivated.
National Women’s Law Center
1350 I St NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20005
Mobile Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE NATIONAL WOMEN’S LAW CENTER (“NWLC”) TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR THE SMS ALERTS TEXT MESSAGING PROGRAM. BY SIGNING UP FOR THIS TEXT MESSAGING PROGRAM, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY AND BE BOUND TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS and you expressly consent to receive marketing or non-marketing text messages, as applicable, from NWLC and others on its behalf, including automated text messages, at the telephone number(s) you provide. You understand and acknowledge that message and data rates may apply.
DESCRIPTION & COST
NWLC, itself or through service providers, may send automated text messages to you. You may opt out of these communications at any time. Messages are recurring. Message frequency may vary. Message and data rates may apply.
There is no fee from NWLC to receive text messages. However, your mobile service provider or carrier’s normal messaging, data and other rates and fees will still apply. You should check with your mobile service provider to find out what plans are available and how much they cost. Charges may be billed and payable to your mobile service provider or deducted from your prepaid account.
Consent to receive text messages is not required as a condition of purchasing any goods or services. By signing up, you are confirming you are over 13 years of age.
Text NWLC to 32434 to receive automated text messages from the National Women’s Law Center to join the fight for gender justice.
OPT OUT or STOP Information
At any time, you may text STOP to 32434 to stop receiving NWLC alerts. After opting out, you will receive one last text confirming your opt out. You will not receive additional messages, unless you opt back in.
If you have any questions, contact us at [email protected].
No Guarantee of Access or Delivery to Mobile Network
Delivery of SMS messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator. Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless operator may interfere with message delivery, including the customer’s equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. Wireless operators do not guarantee message delivery and will not be held liable for delayed or undelivered messages. NWLC is not responsible or liable for issues arising from such network services (including but not limited to delayed or undelivered messages or the security of messages).
Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier’s name and the date, time and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and provide the services you request from us. We will not share your mobile number for any other purpose without your consent. Nonetheless, we reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to avoid liability, to protect our rights or property.