Welcome to the Legal Network for Gender Equity and the TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund.
The Legal Network for Gender Equity:
- Connects people who face sex discrimination—like sex harassment—at work, at school, or when getting health care, with attorneys.
- **NEW** Connects workers to attorneys for legal help or questions about new laws that allow paid sick leave and paid leave for some workers affected by COVID-19. ** Find out about eligibility requirements here and more information here.
The TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund:
- Connects workers who face sexual harassment with attorneys.
- In certain cases of workplace sexual harassment, The TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund can help pay for legal fees and media assistance. Learn more here.
The Legal Network for Gender Equity and the TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund are housed and administered by the National Women’s Law Center Fund, LLC (NWLCF).
How it works:
- Fill out our intake form below. Here is a video that shows you how.
- We will reach out after reviewing your intake form, and send relevant information as well as the names of three lawyers in the Legal Network for Gender Equity who practice in your area if your situation involves:
- Sex discrimination at work, as a student in school, or as a patient
- Accessing paid sick leave and paid leave to care for a child whose school or child care provider is closed because of COVID-19.
- You are responsible for reaching out to the lawyers.
- Additional resources are available here.
Lawyers in the Legal Network agree to do a free initial meeting with people coming to them through the Legal Network. Some of these lawyers also offer lower rates or free assistance, but others require payment after the first meeting.
If your case involves sex harassment at work, the TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund may be able to help pay for your legal case and for media and storytelling assistance.
By providing this information to you, the National Women’s Law Center (NWLC) and the National Women’s Law Center Fund (NWLCF)are not becoming your attorneys. Filling in the form also does not mean that NWLC or NWLCF are becoming you attorneys. Providing information to NWLC or NWLCF will not create an attorney-client relationship unless NWLC/NWLCF expressly agrees to represent you.
The Legal Network for Gender Equity provides the names of lawyers for informational purposes only. By providing contact information of attorneys, the Legal Network for Gender Equity is not endorsing, approving, vouching for, or recommending the lawyers or groups listed. We cannot guarantee that any of the lawyers will agree to represent you or that if they do, you will have a positive result in your case. And it is important to note that just because a lawyer was successful in other cases does not guarantee the same outcome for your case. We cannot guarantee that an attorney will agree to represent you.
We will keep the information you provide in the form confidential to the extent allowed by law.
Some legal claims have specific time limits. You are responsible for meeting any filing deadlines associated with your legal claims.
Please use this form to request assistance. If you need help completing the form, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at (202) 319-3053. Please do not come to our office to request assistance; we do not conduct in-person interviews.
Things To Note When You Are Filling out the Form
- This form should take approximately 10 minutes to complete and must be completed in a single session.
- We will not see your form unless you have filled out each page of the form and press submit on the last page.
For further questions or concerns, email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message at (202) 319-3053.