The Center has an experienced, committed staff of about 60 who identify and address the most important issues facing women and their families today. Through research, analysis, advocacy and public education, we achieve policy changes that improve the lives of women and their families.
Surrounded by great restaurants and near downtown DC, NWLC is just steps away from the Dupont Circle Station located on Metro’s Red Line. The entrance of the building faces New Hampshire Ave, directly across the street from the Dupont Circle Hotel.
Our office is also in close proximity to the District and federal courts, the federal departments and agencies, and Congress.
Current open staff positions include:
- Director of Research
- Director of Digital Strategies
- Director of Federal Reproductive Rights and Health
- Director of State Reproductive Rights and Health
- Counsel, Reproductive Rights and Health
- Program Assistant, Workplace Justice Support
If you are interested in joining the NWLC team, please submit a cover letter describing your qualifications and salary requirements, resume, three supervisory references, and a writing sample (review individual postings listed below for specific requirements). Electronic submissions are preferred. Please include the position title in the subject line. Otherwise, applications may be mailed or faxed to the information below. Applications are accepted until positions are filled.
Human Resources Department
National Women’s Law Center
11 Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
NWLC is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. NWLC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identify or expression, marital status, family responsibilities, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, veteran status, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.
NWLC offers a comprehensive benefit package for eligible employees working 20 hours or more per week. Employees working less than 20 hours are eligible for prorated annual, sick, and holiday leave.
- Medical Insurance
- NWLC contributes generously to employees’ medical premiums each month. Employee medical contributions are paid semi-monthly and are paid on a pre-tax basis.
- Dental Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Two times annual salary)
- Paid family and medical leave (eligible after one-year of employment)
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation
- 403(b) retirement plan; new employees eligible to contribute upon hire; graduated employer contributions after two years employment
- Employee Assistance and Grief Counseling Programs
- Travel Assistance Plan
- Four weeks paid vacation, increasing after five years of employment
- Two weeks sick time, increasing after five years of employment
- Twelve or more paid holidays per year
- Ad hoc and optional one-day per week telecommuting schedule (for eligible employees)
The Center’s benefit offerings may change somewhat from time to time. Candidates selected for positions will be provided a summary of benefits in effect at time of application.