*Please continue to check this page for updated information about 2018 fellowship opportunities.
One-year, two-year or short-term legal or policy fellowships:
Our fellows support the Center’s work in one or more of the following program areas: Reproductive Rights and Health, Income Security and Education (including child care), and Workplace Justice.
- Legal Fellow, Reproductive Rights and Health
- Legal Fellowship Opportunities for 2018
- Policy Fellowships Opportunities
Public Policy Fellowship: We are not accepting applications for policy fellowships at this time. Please check back in April 2018 when we anticipate posting an update about potential 2018 policy fellowships.
The Center recruits rising third-year law students, judicial clerks, and other recent law school graduates interested in applying for Skadden, Equal Justice Works, ABA Section of Taxation’s Christine A. Brunswick Public Service Fellowship, or other law fellowships to begin in the fall of each year. Some specific project ideas are described within the job postings posted below but applicants may draft their own project descriptions for consideration. Responsibilities may include researching and analyzing policy and legal issues; drafting a variety of materials, such as memos, fact sheets, reports, comments on regulations, and legal briefs, and working with national and state-based coalitions.
Qualifications generally include the following (review individual postings listed below for specific requirements): Law degree and experience working in a research, advocacy, or policymaking environment preferred. Must have excellent analytical, oral and written communications and organizational skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to women’s issues. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US and have appropriate employment authorization documentation.
We are not accepting applications for policy fellowships at this time. Please check back in April 2018 when we anticipate posting an update about potential 2018 policy fellowships.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities, women, men, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and LGBTQI individuals.
As noted above, NWLC welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at: email@example.com or you may send the request by mail to:
National Women’s Law Center
ATTN: Human Resources Director
11 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
NWLC offers a comprehensive benefit package for eligible employees working 20 hours or more per week. Employees working less than 20 hours are eligible for prorated annual, sick, and holiday leave.
- Medical Insurance
- NWLC contributes generously to employees’ medical premiums each month. Employee medical contributions are paid semi-monthly and are paid on a pre-tax basis.
- Dental Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Two times annual salary)
- Paid family and medical leave (eligible after one-year of employment)
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation
- 403(b) retirement plan; new employees eligible to contribute upon hire; graduated employer contributions after two years employment; graduated employer contributions first day of the month after three months employment*
- Employee Assistance and Grief Counseling Programs
- Travel Assistance Plan
- Four weeks paid vacation, increasing after five years of employment
- Two weeks sick time, increasing, after five years of employment
- Twelve or more paid holidays per year
- Ad hoc and optional one-day per week telecommuting schedule (for eligible employees)
*employees working fewer than 20 hours are eligible for this benefit
The Center’s benefit offerings may change somewhat from time to time. Candidates selected for positions will be provided a summary of benefits in effect at time of application.