Our fellows support the Center’s work in one or more of the following program areas: Reproductive Rights and Health, Income Security (including child care), Education and Workplace Justice.
Qualifications generally include the following (review individual postings listed below for specific requirements): Law degree and experience working in a research, advocacy, or policymaking environment preferred. Must have excellent analytical, oral and written communications and organizational skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to women’s issues. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US and have appropriate employment authorization documentation.
Research and Policy Fellowships
We do not have any opportunities available at this time.
To learn more about fellowship opportunities, please contact [email protected].
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; people of color; and veterans.
NWLC offers a comprehensive benefit package for eligible employees working 20 hours or more per week. Employees working less than 20 hours are eligible for prorated annual, sick, and holiday leave.
- Medical Insurance
- NWLC contributes generously to employees’ medical premiums each month. Employee medical contributions are paid semi-monthly and are paid on a pre-tax basis.
- Dental Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Two times annual salary)
- Paid family and medical leave (eligible after one-year of employment)
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation
- 403(b) retirement plan; new employees eligible to contribute upon hire; graduated employer contributions after two years employment; graduated employer contributions first day of the month after three months employment*
- Employee Assistance and Grief Counseling Programs
- Travel Assistance Plan
- Four weeks paid vacation, increasing after five years of employment
- Two weeks sick time, increasing, after five years of employment
- Twelve or more paid holidays per year
- Ad hoc and optional one-day per week telecommuting schedule (for eligible employees)
*employees working fewer than 20 hours are eligible for this benefit
The Center’s benefit offerings may change somewhat from time to time. Candidates selected for positions will be provided a summary of benefits in effect at time of application.