Under the Trump Administration, we are already seeing a serious reduction in federal civil rights enforcement and the abandonment of strong interpretation and robust implementation of many anti-discrimination laws critical to women and girls’ health and well-being, as well as their success in school and at work. Simultaneously, reports indicate a surge of gender-based hostility and harassment in schools and workplaces across the country.
The result is an unprecedented need for legal assistance for women and girls facing harassment and other forms of discrimination. In response, the National Women’s Law Center is launching the Legal Network for Gender Equity – a nationwide network of attorneys willing to step up and undertake legal representation of girls and women experiencing harassment or other forms of sex discrimination at school, at work, or in health insurance or health care settings.
Please help meet that challenge by joining the Legal Network for Gender Equity and committing to help women and girls fight for their rights to be free from sexual harassment, discriminatory school discipline, and many other forms of sex discrimination.
As a member of the Network:
- You agree that the National Women’s Law Center can provide your name and contact information to women and girls who need legal assistance, identifying you as an attorney in their area willing to consider taking on sexual harassment and/or sex discrimination cases.
- You commit to undertaking an initial pro bono consultation when someone reaches out to you through the Network for assistance, and to make best efforts to respond to an initial inquiry with five business days and meet with them within 30 days of the inquiry.
- You agree to provide brief informational updates regarding these consultations and any representation arising out of them to the National Women’s Law Center at the following intervals: after the initial consultation, quarterly updates regarding significant events in the matter, and a final update after resolution of the matter. The National Women’s Law Center will email you quarterly to remind you about these informational updates.
- The National Women’s Law Center will provide opportunities for training and updates on key issues in the law of sex discrimination for Network attorneys and other interested parties.
- The National Women’s Law Center may reach out to you periodically in its efforts to identify compelling cases and individual stories that can be shared, with your client’s permission, to provide a human face for policy and advocacy initiatives.
- The National Women’s Law Center may reach out to you periodically with opportunities to demonstrate support for state and federal policies that provide strengthened protections for women and girls experiencing harassment and other forms of discrimination.
Please note that if you join the Network, the National Women’s Law Center will provide your name and contact information for informational purposes only to those seeking representation. Providing this information does not constitute a specific referral or an endorsement, recommendation or approval of any lawyers in this Network. By providing information about you to an individual who contacts us seeking legal information or assistance, the National Women’s Law Center is not entering into an attorney-client relationship with that individual or agreeing to be your co-counsel should you represent him or her.
To join the Network, please complete the form below. (If you are not an attorney or you are an attorney but are unable to take on sex discrimination claims, you can still get involved in the National Women’s Law Center’s work by signing up at our website at nwlc.org/resistance).