The Department of Education has announced it does not plan to propose a new Title IX rule until May 2022. Read the following letters from stakeholders urging the Department to take swift, meaningful action regarding the Title IX rule:
- 116 Survivor Advocate Organizations, Civil Rights Organizations, and Education Associations Urging the Department of Education to Take Swift Action on the Title IX Rule.
- 126 Educators K-12 and Higher Education across 32 states and the District of Columbia Urge Department of Education to Take Swift Action on the Title IX Rule.
- 59 Members of Congress Urge the Department of Education to Take Swift Action on the Title IX Rule.
In June 2021, the Department of Education heard directly from students, educators, and other stakeholders in a week-long Public Hearing on how to restore and strengthen civil rights protections under Title IX. Read the collective statement from NWLC and student survivors following the aftermath of the hearings. And read these comments from a wide range of stakeholders on what the Department of Education should do to restore and strengthen Title IX:
- NWLC-led Comment on behalf of 58 Survivor Advocate Organizations and Civil Rights Organizations on Sexual Harassment
- Federal School Discipline & Climate Group-led Comment on behalf of 32 Organizations and Individuals regarding Retaliation and Discipline of Sexual Assault Survivors
- Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities’ Comment on Sexual Harassment
- GLSEN-led Comment behalf of 87 Civil Rights and Education Organizations regarding Anti-LGBTQ Discrimination and Sexual Harassment
- Women’s Sports Foundation-led Comment on behalf of 57 Organizations and Individuals in Support of Transgender Athletes
- Family Equality-led Comment on behalf of 39 Organizations regarding Discrimination Against Children of LGBTQ+ Parents
- Comment from 20 Members of National Coalition for Women and Girls in Education on Sexual Harassment, Anti-LGBTQ Discrimination, and Other Sex Discrimination in Education
- 74 Members of Congress’ Comment on Sexual Harassment
- 62 State Legislators’ Comment on Sexual Harassment and Anti-LGBTQ Discrimination
- 176 College Survivors’ Comment on Employee-on-Student Sexual Harassment
- Comment from 24 student groups and 595 students, survivors, and alumni led by Know Your IX, End Rape on Campus, The Every Voice Coalition, and It’s On Us on behalf of Students and Survivors regarding Sexual Harassment
- Dr. Judith Herman-led Comment on Behalf of 290 Mental Health and Trauma Specialists
#HandsOffIX Video- Share this video on why we MUST protect survivors, students, PROTECT TITLE IX: