Senior Manager of Campaigns
The National Women’s Law Center seeks an experienced organizer and communicator who is passionate about shifting power and culture, to support issue campaigns central to our work to advance gender justice.
The Senior Manager for Campaigns, centered on the Marketing & Communications team, will develop and implement compelling, creative, and effective issue advocacy campaigns using both digital and on-the-ground tools to advance federal and state policies that would improve the lives of families and workers on issues related, but not limited to, the fight for affordable, high-quality child care.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice — in the courts, in public policy, and in our society — working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us — especially those who face multiple forms of discrimination, including women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For almost 50 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women, and we need you with us to continue this fight.
- Conceptualize and execute multi-channel campaigns strategies that forward the Center’s legislative, policy, and narrative change goals specific to advancing affordable, high-quality child care for families in the United States;
- Work closely with colleagues on issue-focused program teams to advance key policy goals both nationally and at the state level;
- Collaborate with the Director of Community Partnerships to facilitate story collection and related products from grantees, partner organization, and individuals most directly affected by our work;
- Manage and nurture relationships with other movement organizations, working in sync to coordinate on national days of action, campaigns, etc.;
- Mobilize in rapid response moments to elevate campaign messaging and secure key narrative and policy wins;
- Develop and write campaign plans, action alerts, social media content, blog posts, toolkits, and other related materials;
- Organize and manage occasional on-the-ground activations and events in collaboration with Senior Manager of Events, and other partner organizations;
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls, speaking opportunities, and other NWLC-hosted events;
- Project manage and coordinate efforts among team members working on these issues, including but not limited to graphic design, press, etc.;
- Manage relationships with consultants and other vendors.
The candidate must possess:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant of work experience particularly in running issue advocacy and/or local campaigns, organizing, and/or digital advocacy;
- Demonstrated ability to grasp key policy messages and effectively communicating them to a variety of audiences, especially across digital channels;
- Ability to scale campaigns and mobilize partners and audiences in rapid response moments;
- Experience in effectively building and maintaining relationships with coalition partners and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated commitment to working on gender and racial equity and centering communities of color and other historically marginalized communities in their approach to work and executing key responsibilities;
- Strong writing skills and experience writing across platforms and for diverse audiences.
Additional preferred skills and knowledge:
- Ability to tie pop culture moments with policy priorities to create relatable public narratives;
- A sense of humor and desire for both a collegial team environment and the ability to work independently;
- Experience working on economic justice, or gender justice-related issues.
- Solid interpersonal skills, and experience building relationships across organizations and coalitions;
- Can work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative team;
- Works effectively in moments of rapid response;
- Experience working in a policy forward setting, 501(c)4 organization, and/or on political campaigns.
The Senior Manager for Campaigns reports to the Director of Campaigns. Additionally, the key focus areas of Income Security and Child Care will require this person to collaborate closely with for the Law Center’s Income Security and Child Care teams.
Compensation & Benefits
A minimum salary of $79,020 will be provided to the successful candidate who has at least 5 years of experience directly relevant to this role, consistent with the National Women’s Law Center’s compensation framework.
The Center offers a comprehensive benefits package, and four weeks of annual vacation.
NWLC is a non-profit organization whose headquarters and staff are based in Washington, D.C., with our office located in historic Dupont Circle. However, due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, all NWLC staff are temporarily working remotely. We continue to monitor public health guidance and keep safety, science, and flexibility top of mind as we evaluate what reopening looks like for our team.
NWLC recognizes a staff bargaining unit, NWLC United, affiliated with the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union/IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in NWLC’s bargaining unit. Specific employment terms are subject to collective bargaining.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter, resume and at least 3 samples of design work across media. Resumes should include exact start and end dates (month and year) of employment. Please send application materials via e-mail to [email protected] and include the position title in the subject line. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; people of color; and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at [email protected].