The National Women’s Law Center seeks an experienced organizer and communicator to support issue campaigns and other initiatives that advance progress for women and girls at school, at work, at home, and in their communities.
The Engagement and Mobilization Manager will use both digital and offline tools to develop and implement compelling, creative and effective issue advocacy campaigns for the Center’s Workplace Justice and Income Security teams.
- Help design and execute strategies to engage and mobilize Center supporters.
- Help develop effective and dynamic campaigns and strategies for both short- and long-term efforts.
- Represent NWLC at coalition meetings and manage and nurture relationships with partner organizations.
- Write action alerts, social media content, blog posts, toolkits, and other related materials.
- Organize and manage occasional rallies, protests, and other on-the-ground events in collaboration with partner organizations.
- Plan and hold meetings, webinars, conference calls, public speaking opportunities, and other NWLC-hosted events.
- Work collaboratively and closely with colleagues in the Communications Department and with relevant program departments.
- Manage relationships with consultants and other vendors.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least four years’ experience running issue advocacy and/or local campaigns, organizing, and/or digital advocacy. Candidates with seven or more years of related experience will be considered for a senior manager position.
- A talent for grasping key policy messages and effectively communicating them to a variety of audiences, especially across digital channels.
- Experience in effectively building and maintaining relationships with coalition partners and other stakeholders a plus.
- Strong writing skills and experience writing across platforms and for diverse audiences.
- Experience in planning rallies, protests, and other events a plus.
- Experience and judgment working both collaboratively and independently.
- The ability to be self-directed, work well with competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Center issues, women’s issues or other progressive issues a plus.
- Hands-on experience with communications tools such as social media platforms and analytics, eCRMS, webinars, action alerts, listservs, and databases a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Center offers excellent benefits, including pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation, and four weeks of annual vacation. Office located on Metro’s Red Line in Dupont Circle. Intellectually stimulating workplace with passionate, dedicated colleagues.
To apply, please submit a resume, three references from supervisors, a short writing sample, and a cover letter. In your cover letter, please describe how your professional background is a good fit for this position and give an example of a successful strategy you designed and/or oversaw.
Electronic submissions are preferred. Please send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and include position title in the subject line. Hard copies may be addressed to: Human Resources Department, National Women’s Law Center, 11 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036, FAX: 202-588-5185. Applications accepted until position is filled. No calls please.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities, women, men, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and LGBTQI individuals.
As noted above, NWLC welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at: email@example.com or you may send the request by mail to:
National Women’s Law Center
ATTN: Human Resources Director
11 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036