5 Reasons We’re Celebrating 100 Years of Planned Parenthood
Planned Parenthood is turning 100 this year! Here are 5 reasons why we’re celebrating #100YearsStrong of Planned Parenthood:
- Planned Parenthood is a leading provider of high-quality health care in the U.S., serving 2,840,000 people every year. That’s a lot of mammograms, cancer screenings, pap tests, physicals, UTI treatments, and more!
- They provide comprehensive birth control information and ensure that people who need birth control find the method that works for them.
- For people who need an abortion, Planned Parenthood offers information, options counseling, and medical care–and fundamentally trusts women to make their own personal health care decisions.
- They promote comprehensive sex ed that equips young people with information and provide positive messages about their bodies and sex.
- Planned Parenthood has been a fierce advocate for protecting women’s health and reproductive rights. Case in point: PPFA President Cecile Richards defended women’s health in a Congressional hearing for five long hours and stood up to a seemingly unending panel of mansplainers.
Happy birthday, Planned Parenthood–let’s break out the birthday cake! Thank you for your trust, your care, and your advocacy over the last 100 years. Here’s to many more to come.