The National Women’s Law Center seeks an experienced technology professional to fill the role of Senior Manager of IT. The Senior Manager of IT is an integral member of the Law Center’s IT and Operations team and will support all technologies in use by the Law Center including end user hardware and software, infrastructure, security, and cloud based products and services. The Senior Manager of IT will play a critical role in executing and supporting technology improvements that build efficiencies for the organization.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice—in the courts, in public policy, and in our society—working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us—especially women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For almost 50 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women. Find out more at NWLC.org.
- Provide as necessary, technical support for end user computers and related devices, documenting solutions when feasible; independently manage the IT ticket queue, prioritizing, performing the work, and escalating as needed;
- Maintain and, where applicable, make or suggest improvements to the Office 365 systems, including Exchange Online and SharePoint Online;
- Manage cloud-based services (Asana, Backupify, Google, Slack, Zoom, et. al.);
- Ensure that network routers, switches, and wireless access points are in good working order and meet established security standards;
- Maintain Zoom Phone platform, including managing devices, accounts, configurations, changes to the IVR and other related systems as needed;
- Keep abreast of technology security risks and trends; assist the Director of IT and Ops in improving and enforcing information security practices and standards; monitor security-related accounts and systems;
- Create knowledge base or FAQ to address common technology problems and solutions,
- Document network and system architecture;
- Document and manage accounts for platforms or systems in use by program staff but not purchased or supported by IT (eg. EveryAction, Cision, Westlaw).
- Act as point of contact for technology vendor relationships and manage day-to-day technology purchases;
- Assist the Director of IT and Ops in drafting or updating IT policies as required; review, disseminate, and enforce IT policies;
- Create and maintain an inventory of IT hardware and software, including age, expiration, and warranty status as applicable;
- Review and, in collaboration with the Director of IT and Ops, suggest improvements to technology-centric policies, procedures, and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity;
- Coordinate training activities including recorded videos; document participation as necessary;
- In partnership with the Director of IT and Operations, collaborate across the organization to clarify and resolve IT issues that affect an entire team or teams; ensure teams are using the best tools possible for the work they are performing, providing training andguidance when necessary.
The candidate must possess:
- A degree directly related to computer information technology (or commensurate experience);
- A minimum of 5 years comprehensive IT experience in a mid-sized organization, including hands-on support;
- Experience with network or server administration including Office 365;
- Experience managing IT projects and implementations;
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Outstanding customer service acumen and communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate about technical matters to technical and non-technical audiences and to build relationships across diverse lived experiences;
- Wide-ranging experience with Windows 10, Office 365, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Windows Server, and Active Directory.
Additional preferred skills and knowledge:
- Zoom, Slack and Google Services administration preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working on gender and racial equity and centering communities of color in the approach to work.
The Senior Manager of IT reports to the Director of IT and Operations and works closely with staff all across the Law Center to address their technical support needs.
Compensation & Benefits
A minimum salary of $79,020 will be provided to the successful candidate who has at least 5 years of experience directly relevant to this role, consistent with the National Women’s Law Center’s compensation framework.
The Law Center offers a comprehensive benefits package, and four weeks of annual vacation.
NWLC is a non-profit organization whose headquarters and staff are based in Washington, D.C., with our office located in historic Dupont Circle. However, due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, all NWLC staff are temporarily working remotely. We continue to monitor public health guidance and keep safety, science, and flexibility top of mind as we evaluate what reopening looks like for our team.
NWLC recognizes a staff bargaining unit, NWLC United, affiliated with the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union/IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in NWLC’s bargaining unit. Specific employment terms are subject to collective bargaining.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please forward a resume and cover letter outlining your interests and qualifications as well as contact information for 3 references. Resumes should include exact start and end dates (month and year) of employment. Please send application materials via e-mail to [email protected] and include the position title in the subject line. Electronic submissions are preferred. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; people of color; and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at [email protected].