Senior Manager, Multimedia Design
The National Women’s Law Center seeks an experienced Senior Manager for Multimedia Design to create visually engaging print and digital design work to educate and motivate supporters to take action on gender justice issues. The Senior Manager, centered on the Marketing and Communications team, will also be responsible for producing videos and other animated projects.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice—in the courts, in public policy, and in our society—working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us—especially women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For almost 50 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women. Find out more at NWLC.org.
- Design, manage, and produce, from start to finish, an array of creative work, including videos, animated work, printed reports and fact sheets, social media graphics, and other design projects;
- Manage relationships with freelance artists and other staff to develop and iterate new campaign concepts;
- Facilitate and obtain needed approvals by presenting final layouts, story boards, mood boards, wire frames and illustrations; responds to commentary and requests.
- Collaborate with all members of the Creative Team on design and content strategy, especially the Art Director and the Director of Digital Engagement;
- Maintain a detailed production calendar to keep projects, expectations, and deliverables organized and timely.
A candidate must possess:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant of work experience, with a particular focus on design;
- Demonstrated technical expertise across the Adobe Creative Suite, including extensive experience working in Premiere, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop;
- Experience optimizing design work for both digital and print;
- Strong interest in cultural conversations and skill in creating responsive content as the cultural landscape evolves;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to act quickly and effectively in rapid response environments.
- Demonstrated project management experience skills and the ability to work well across teams and to work well with competing priorities;
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated commitment to working on gender and racial equity and centering communities of color in their approach to work and executing key responsibilities;
- Training or coursework in graphic design.
Additional preferred skills and knowledge:
- Experience working on a political campaigns;
- Illustration skills are desired.
This position will report to the Director of Strategic Communications and work closely with the Art Director and the rest of the Creative Team, as well as work with staff across the center on design projects.
Compensation & Benefits
A minimum salary of $79,020 will be provided to the successful candidate who has at least 5 years of experience directly relevant to this role, consistent with the National Women’s Law Center’s compensation framework.
The Center offers a comprehensive benefits package, and four weeks of annual vacation.
NWLC is a non-profit organization whose headquarters and staff are based in Washington, D.C., with our office located in historic Dupont Circle. However, due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, all NWLC staff are temporarily working remotely. We continue to monitor public health guidance and keep safety, science, and flexibility top of mind as we evaluate what reopening looks like for our team.
NWLC recognizes a staff bargaining unit, NWLC United, affiliated with the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union/IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in NWLC’s bargaining unit. Specific employment terms are subject to collective bargaining.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter, resume and at least 3 samples of design work across media (e.g., print, digital, video). Resumes should include exact start and end dates (month and year) of employment. Please send application materials via e-mail to [email protected] and include the position title in the subject line. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; people of color; and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at [email protected].