The National Women’s Law Center (NWLC) seeks a summer intern to support the Strategy and Policy team on various cross-cutting policy, government relations and judicial nominations work. Due to the current health pandemic, this internship opportunity will be fully remote.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice—in the courts, in public policy, and in our society—working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us—especially women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For almost 50 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women. Find out more at NWLC.org.
Courts decide key legal rights and principles that are critically important for women and their families ― so it’s essential that the United States has a diverse, fair, and independent judiciary.
The intern will:
- Support gender justice cross-cutting internal and coalition-facing policy work;
- Support our judicial and executive nominations work, which involves identifying; important legal issues in the pipeline, highlighting upcoming nominations, engaging stakeholders, and preparing for potential vacancies;
- Duties may include but are not limited to legal research, participating in coalition; meetings and events, preparing Congressional testimony, attending executive and Congressional proceedings, and drafting Hill and public- facing material such as blogs, factsheets, and taking points.
The ideal intern will possess:
- Current law student (qualified undergraduate or other graduate students will be considered)
- Excellent research, analytical, and writing skills;
- Demonstrated experience and judgment working both collaboratively and independently;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and resume via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line. Electronic submissions are preferred. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; people of color; and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at email@example.com.