The National Women’s Law Center seeks a Senior Recruiter to oversee the Law Center’s full-cycle recruiting process. A key member of the Law Center’s HR team, the Senior Recruiter will be responsible for writing job descriptions, sourcing candidates, interviewing, making offers as well as onboarding new hires. The Senior Recruiter will also oversee the Law Center’s academic year and summer Internship programs as well as help manage the Fellowship programs.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice—in the courts, in public policy, and in our society—working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us—especially women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For almost 50 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women. Find out more at NWLC.org.
Full Lifecycle Recruiting Activities:
- In collaboration with hiring teams, plan, manage and coordinate the full recruitment cycle including:
- Determine the recruitment strategy and selection criteria for open positions;
- Partner with hiring managers to ensure recruitment processes are aligned with NWLC’s policies and values to hire and retain diverse staff;
- Manage communication between applicants and hiring managers to ensure consistent experience for both applicants and hiring managers (level of support and candidate interaction varies by role);
- Assist with developing and providing tools and resources for hiring managers on recruitment selection, and talent review to make sure hiring teams are trained in hiring practices;
- Plan, develop, implement, and execute effective and innovative talent acquisition approaches and initiatives to meet NWLC’s needs;
- Work in partnership with the VP for Equity and Inclusion and the Director of HR to review, assess, and improve recruiting and hiring systems and processes and develop action plans that foster a mission-driven, talented, inclusive, and diverse team;
- Coordinate with the various recruitment platforms services and professional networks, keep abreast of the best channels to source talent we need;
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships across the organization to understand current and future workforce needs, proactively develop effective recruitment strategies, and provide guidance on candidate selection;
- Conduct ongoing recruitment reporting and analytics related to hiring, onboarding turnover, exit interviews, etc.;
- Lead new hire orientation sessions with new employees, interns, and temporary employees;
- Oversee the Law Center’s Internship programs including Spring and Fall credit based and Summer paid internship programs;
- Manage the Center’s Fellowship programs including identifying specific recruitment opportunities and make recommendations about which recruiting fairs NWLC should participate in, including oversight of the annual Equal Justice Works Fair;
- Build and maintain relationships with partner organizations, staffing agencies, coalition partners and career centers of colleges/universities to recruit students & alumni for internships and other staff positions;
- Participate in NWLC’s internal equity and inclusion working group;
- Other duties as assigned.
A candidate must possess:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant Human Resources experience, particularly in full life cycle recruiting;
- Demonstrated technical skills working with HRIS, including an ATS and other HR recruiting platforms;
- Strong organizational and project management skills with attention to detail and the ability to manage and execute multiple projects on different timelines;
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working on gender and racial equity and centering communities of color in their approach to human resources work;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with candidates, hiring managers and the senior leadership team.
- Demonstrated ability to deal appropriately with sensitive and confidential information;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
Additional preferred skills and knowledge:
- SHRM or PHR Certification or other HR Certification;
The Senior Recruiter reports directly to the Director of Human Resources and works closely with the HR Generalist and members of the Administrative & Finance Team. The Senior Recruiter also works closely with and collaborates across the Law Center including with Vice Presidents and the COO and Chief of Staff.
This position is classified as a confidential employee and as such is not included in the union-represented bargaining unit, NWLC United, affiliated with the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union/IFPTE Local 70.
Compensation & Benefits
This position offers a minimum salary of $79,020 to the successful candidate who has at least 5 years of experience directly relevant to this role. Salary will be commensurable (and grows) with experience and consistent with the National Women’s Law Center’s compensation framework.
The Center offers a comprehensive benefits package, and four weeks of annual vacation.
NWLC is a non-profit organization whose headquarters and staff are based in Washington, D.C., with our office located in historic Dupont Circle. However, due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, NWLC staff are temporarily working hybrid schedules. We continue to monitor public health guidance and keep safety, science, and flexibility top of mind as we evaluate what reopening looks like for our team.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume outlining your interests and qualifications. Resumes should include exact start and end dates (month and year) of employment. Please send application materials via e-mail to [email protected] and include the position title in the subject line. Electronic submissions are preferred. No calls please. Applications accepted until the position is filled.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from people with disabilities; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; people of color; and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at [email protected].