The Senior Manager of Events is a key member of the National Women’s Law Center’s Marketing & Communications team, working across the organization to conceptualize, support, and lead the organization’s external facing events. From the annual gala and fundraising events to Supreme Court rallies and issue-forward summits, this role is responsible for integrating events into the Center’s overall brand awareness strategies.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice — in the courts, in public policy, and in our society — working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us — especially those who face multiple forms of discrimination, including women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For more than 45 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women, and we need you with us to continue this fight.
- Serve as overall event producer for annual gala, managing budget, logistics, stage program and run of show, guest experience, speakers, and all related vendors;
- Oversee all day-of logistical items for the annual gala including volunteer and staff assignments, delivery of event materials, and virtual or in-person guest logistics as needed;
- Working with Development staff, conceptualize, execute, and manage regional and virtual donor engagement events;
- Create and manage brand-forward events and programming to promote NWLC’s issues and mission in a new, more virtual environment;
- Contract, manage and liaise directly with external consultants to ensure services are rendered and timely payments to external vendors and consultants are made;
- For all events, establish and oversee execution of a full project workplan and event brand/marketing plan, providing guidance, support, resources, and tools to staff leads and external stakeholders;
- Anticipate and attend to unique needs of event celebrities and VIP guests and where needed, prepare speaker briefing books;
- Provide ad hoc executive support, including but not limited to briefing materials, event overviews, and occasionally staffing of virtual event rehearsals;
- Create and maintain a master calendar of special events;
- Develop a third-party events toolkit to enable supporters to self-organize fundraisers on behalf of NWLC;
- Serve as NWLC logistics and events rep in various coalitions and planning collaboratives; and
- Manage post-event activities, including organizing debrief sessions, creating event synopses, and communicating with event attendees.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of five years of event planning experience, ideally including experience assisting with high-profile, large-scale fundraising events;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge (or similar database) and prospect research tools;
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills, with careful attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-faceted projects and perform well independently with grace under pressure in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, and deadline-driven environment;
- Sound judgment and ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information regarding the Center’s business and sensitive donor information;
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment;
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule when required.
Additional preferred skills and knowledge:
- Prior work in a non-profit organization, event-planning firm or related organization a plus;
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working on gender and racial equity and centering communities of color in their approach to work.
The Senior Manager of Events reports to the Vice President for Marketing & Communications and works closely with various members of the Development Team and Executive Office as well as other individuals across the organization.
A minimum salary of $75,618 will be provided to the successful candidate who has at least five years of experience directly relevant to this role, consistent with the National Women’s Law Center’s compensation framework.
The Center offers a comprehensive benefits package, and four weeks of annual vacation. NWLC is located on Metro’s Red Line in Dupont Circle.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter outlining your interests and qualifications, resume and 3 supervisory references. Resumes should include exact start and end dates of employment specifically month and year. Please send application material via e-mail to: email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line. Electronic submissions are preferred. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities; people of all gender identities; people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals; veterans; and LGBTQI individuals.
As noted above, NWLC welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may send the request by mail to:
National Women’s Law Center
ATTN: Human Resources Manager – Talent
11 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036