The National Women’s Law Center seeks a Legislative Policy Analyst/Counsel for Reproductive Rights and Health focused on federal legislative and administrative work. This is a full-time position, available immediately.
- Conducting legal and policy analysis of federal legislative and administrative proposals;
- Drafting written materials, including legislative testimony, talking points, letters, and other materials;
- Legal and policy research;
- Maintaining relationships with congressional and executive branch staff;
- Participating in a wide variety of federal coalitions;
- Working with federal policymakers and advocates;
- Working in close coordination with key Center staff, including those on the Reproductive Rights and Health team, other Center staff undertaking federal advocacy work, and the Campaign and Digital Strategies Team, to provide information and support on federal legislation and policy, and strategically and collectively further the Center’s work;
- Contributing to the Reproductive Rights and Health team’s broader work at the federal level;
- Representing the Center at coalition meetings and at public events, conferences, and meetings;
The ideal candidate will have:
- An advanced degree and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience working on advocacy, research, policy formulation, or analysis.
- Excellent research, analytical, and writing skills;
- Ability to collaborate with and build trust with key stakeholders, especially legislative staff;
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills, with careful attention to detail;
- A demonstrated ability to perform well independently with grace under pressure in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment;
- Collaborative and collegial approach, and an ability and desire to work in a team-based environment, and an orientation to the work that recognizes and values the contributions of all team members;
- Commitment to centering diversity and equity in executing key responsibilities;
- A commitment to the mission of the Center.
- Experience with legislative lawyering;
- Knowledge of reproductive rights, health, and justice issues;
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Demonstrated ability to influence and engage diverse audiences and to build long-term collaborative relationships with key organizational and individual partners;
- Flexibility and a sense of humor.
The Legislative Policy Analyst/Counsel will report directly to the Director of Federal Reproductive Rights and will collaborate closely with Reproductive Right and Health team and other Center staff. Will have supervisory responsibilities for interns.
A minimum salary of $73,965 will be provided to the successful candidate having at least 2 years of experience directly relevant to this role, consistent with the National Women’s Law Center’s compensation framework.
If you are interested in joining the NWLC team, submit a cover letter describing your qualifications, resume, and three supervisory references. Resumes should include exact start and end dates of employment. Electronic submissions are preferred. Please send materials to email@example.com and include position title “Legislative Policy Analyst/Counsel” in the subject line. Hard copies may be addressed to: Human Resources Department, National Women’s Law Center, 11 Dupont Circle, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036, FAX: 202-588-5185. Applications accepted until position is filled. No calls please.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and LGBTQI individuals.
As noted above, NWLC welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may send the request by mail to:
National Women’s Law Center
ATTN: Human Resources Manager-Talent
11 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036