IT and Operations Associate
The National Women’s Law Center seeks an IT and Operations Associate to provide basic IT service and support, maintain an inventory of technical and office supplies, and ensure the Center provides a clean, safe, and comfortable work environment for all employees. This position is the primary contact for the physical set up of meetings and other functions and is responsible for guaranteeing that the office is safe, comfortable, and tidy while supporting the Center’s staff with their employer-issued computers and peripherals, as well as printers, copiers, telephones, cellular phones, and basic network connectivity.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice—in the courts, in public policy, and in our society—working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us—especially women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For almost 50 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women. Find out more at NWLC.org.
- Respond to user requests for support in a timely manner, including:
- Troubleshooting technical problems with computers, phones, and printers;
- Escalating unresolved issues to the IT Manager, Director of Technology or third-party service providers/vendors as appropriate;
- Assisting Program Assistants in setting up and taking down laptops and displays for meetings when needed;
- Creating new user accounts and configuring accounts and systems as needed for new employees;
- Updating software for or reimaging computers as directed by supervisor;
- Tracking tasks, projects, and user interactions in a ticketing system and resolving problems when appropriate.
- Maintaining networked and local (USB) printers and copiers, including keeping an updated list of supplies and calling a third party for service as required.
- Maintain an overall safe, clean, and neat work environment for all employees of NWLC, including:
- Rearranging (including lifting) furniture of a variety of weights and setting up technology (primarily of an audio-visual nature) in individual offices and conference rooms for meetings and other events;
- Interfacing with property management to maintain comfortable temperatures within the suite;
- Working with contracted cleaning personnel to ensure kitchens, conference rooms, and other areas, as well as appliances and other technologies in use therein, are clean and in working order;
- Creating clean and welcoming workspaces and offices for new employees, and providing backup for the receptionist as needed;
- Ensure life safety equipment, including but not limited to fire extinguishers and AED equipment, is inspected or replaced as needed
- Working with the Receptionist to maintain the stock of office supplies.
- Work within systems/processes provided by the Director of IT and Operations to maintain the inventory of NWLC technology equipment, including stocking peripherals and spare systems.
Back up Receptionist:
Perform receptionist functions as needed, including but not limited to:
- Providing front desk support, including answering the phone and greeting visitors
- Managing the shipping and mail at the front desk
- Tracking and maintaining the stock of office supplies
- Other duties as assigned.
A candidate must possess:
- A minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience in a technical support role and/or a degree or certification in a related field;
- Experience with Microsoft Office products;
- Experience performing maintenance on printers;
- An eye for cleanliness and detail;
- The ability to multi-task and handle shifting priorities while maintaining a professional demeanor;
- Strong organizational skills and a detail-oriented lens;
- Excellent communication skills with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience documenting, tracking, and resolving issues and projects from start to finish.
- The ability to lift and carry large pieces of computer equipment and various weights of furniture.
Additional preferred skills and knowledge:
- The ability to communicate with non-expert users to build their understanding of the issues most significant to their work;
- Able to extract accurate information from users for effective problem solving.
The IT and Operations Associate reports directly to the Director of Information Technology and Operations and works closely with the members of the Administrative & Finance Team. The IT and Operations Associate also works closely with and collaborates with staff across the Law Center.
This position is included in the union-represented bargaining unit, NWLC United, affiliated with the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union/IFPTE Local 70.
Compensation & Benefits
A minimum salary of $51,973 will be provided to the successful candidate who has at least 1 year of experience directly relevant to this role, consistent with the National Women’s Law Center’s compensation framework.
The Center offers a comprehensive benefits package, and four weeks of annual vacation.
NWLC is a non-profit organization whose headquarters and staff are based in Washington, D.C. However, due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, most NWLC staff are temporarily teleworking with the option to work from our office, which is located in historic Dupont Circle (moving to Franklin Square in early 2023). We continue to monitor public health guidance and keep safety, science, and flexibility top of mind as we evaluate what reopening looks like for our team.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume outlining your interests and qualifications. Resumes should include exact start and end dates (month and year) of employment. Please send application materials via e-mail to [email protected] and include the position title in the subject line. Electronic submissions are preferred. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; people of color; and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at [email protected].