The National Women’s Law Center seeks a Grants Manager to join their finance team. The Grants Manager will be responsible for overseeing the administration, budgeting, and financial reporting of grants throughout their full lifecycle. Under the guidance of the Director of Grants, the Grants Manager will work on efficient communication, reporting, and administration of funding received by the organization.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice — in the courts, in public policy, and in our society — working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us — especially women of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and low-income women and families.
For more than 50 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women, and we need you with us to continue this fight. Find out more at NWLC.org.
- Oversee portfolio of grants through the full lifecycle and ensure compliance with the funders’ restrictions by:
- Drafting grant budget proposals
- Reviewing grant agreements and entering applicable data into revenue tracking schedules
- Creating grant invoices/billing in receivable module of accounting system
- Drafting interim and final financial reports for grant funders
- Completing other administrative tasks to guarantee grant compliance
- Assist with preparation of grant revenue projections for annual budgeting process
- Assist with preparations for annual audit
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures to fulfill grant reporting and compliance requirements
- Occasional work on special projects
The ideal candidate will possess:
- S or B.A in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of nonprofit finance experience, with a focus on grant management
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience with creating and tracking budgets and budget proposals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
Additional preferred skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of non-profit financial accounting principles
- Experience with Sage Intacct
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse, collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, to work independently and within strict time constraints
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Demonstrated commitment to gender and racial justice
The Grants Manager will report directly to the Director of Grants. This position will collaborate closely with the Finance and Development teams.
Compensation & Benefits
A minimum salary of $83,000 will be provided to the successful candidate who has at least 2 years of experience directly relevant to this role, consistent with the National Women’s Law Center’s compensation framework.
The Center offers a comprehensive benefits package, and four weeks of annual vacation.
NWLC is a non-profit organization whose headquarters and staff are based in Washington, D.C. However, due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, most NWLC staff are temporarily teleworking with the option to work from our office, which is located in historic Dupont Circle (moving to Franklin Square in early 2023). We continue to monitor public health guidance and keep safety, science, and flexibility top of mind as we evaluate what reopening looks like for our team.
NWLC recognizes a staff bargaining unit, NWLC United, affiliated with the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union/IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in NWLC’s bargaining unit. Specific employment terms are subject to collective bargaining.
How to Apply
To apply, please forward a resume and a cover letter outlining how your professional background is a good fit for this position. Resumes should include exact start and end dates (month and year) of employment. Please send application materials via email to: [email protected] and include the position title in the subject line. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities; people of all genders, gender identities and sexual orientations; people of color; and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at [email protected]