The National Women’s Law Center seeks a Development Data Entry Associate to work closely with the Development Database Senior Manager to process all incoming gifts and provide data entry support for the development team as they work towards expanding its networks of, and deepening relationships with, individual, corporate, law firm and foundation donors.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice—in the courts, in public policy, and in our society—working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us—especially women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For almost 50 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women. Find out more at NWLC.org.
- Processing, in a timely and accurate manner, all incoming gifts—collaborating with members of the development team to determine appropriate gift designations, allocations, and special handling requirements and entering the related batches into Raiser’s Edge (RE).
- Maintaining relationships with all third-party donation pass through entities and processing donations through manual entries or imports as necessary.
- Assisting the Development Database Senior Manager with troubleshooting and resolving gift processing questions.
- Assisting development team members with capturing information for new constituents, including biographical information, attributes, contact preferences, relationships, actions, and notes as well as entering pledges, actions and custom proposals/opportunities into RE.
- Assisting with data entry for all events, including gift entry, participant invitation, registration, and attendance information.
- Providing grant support to development’s foundation relations team, including entering into RE fiscal grant year allocations, funds, and installment schedules, as well as notes and deliverables.
- Providing technical support for Mail function within RE, making updates to mail routines such as acknowledgements and other letter merges.
- Assisting the Development Database Senior Manager with data hygiene projects, such as address updates, duplicate record cleanup, outstanding pledge research, and constituency code updates.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in fundraising/development, bookkeeping/accounting, banking, data entry, or other related positions.
- Strong research, organizational skills, oral and written communications, and proofreading skills, with strong eye for detail, and a thoughtful, analytical approach to managing complex tasks.
- Experience with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience inputting data or gift entry into Raiser’s Edge or a similar content management system.
- The ability to be self-directed, provide solutions and work well with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and manage workflow processes involving multiple people.
- Collaborative style combined with the ability and desired to work in a team-based environment.
- Sound judgment and ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information regarding the Center’s business and sensitive donor information.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule when required.
Additional preferred skills and knowledge:
- Experience with gift acknowledgments and special event support.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working on gender and racial equity and centering communities of color in approach to work.
The Development Data Entry Associate reports directly to the Development Database Senior Manager. In addition, the Associate collaborates with the VP for Development as well as the Finance team, the President and CEO, COO and Chief of Staff, and colleagues in Development, Communications, and NWLC program teams.
A minimum salary of $49,735 will be provided to the successful candidate having met the minimum requirements for the position consistent with the National Women’s Law Center’s compensation framework.
The Center offers a comprehensive benefits package, and four weeks of annual vacation
NWLC recognizes a staff bargaining unit, NWLC United, affiliated with the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union/IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in NWLC’s bargaining unit. Specific employment terms are subject to collective bargaining.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume outlining your interests and qualifications. Resumes should include exact start and end dates (month and year) of employment. Please send application materials via e-mail to: DevAssociate@nwlc.org and include the position title in the subject line. Electronic submissions are preferred. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; people of color; and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.