The National Women’s Law Center seeks a Development Assistant to join a development team that is expanding networks of, and deepening relationships with, individual, corporate, law firm, and foundation donors for this leading women’s rights organization. This is a high responsibility position that provides full administrative support to a fast-moving development team. This position reports to the Vice President for Development and requires outstanding attention to detail and accuracy.
This is a terrific opportunity to work with a successful and experienced team of development professionals for a respected organization working on cutting-edge issues, and to use your skills and creativity as the Center expands its fundraising initiatives.
Overview of NWLC
National Women’s Law Center: Expanding possibilities. Eliminating barriers. We are passionate champions of national and state policies and laws that help women and girls achieve their potential throughout their lives- at school, at work, at home, in their families, and in their communities. We are committed advocates who take on the toughest challenges, especially for women who face multiple and intersecting forms of discrimination and women who are low-income – and we make change happen. We are proud to have been on the front lines of virtually every major advance for women since 1972, benefiting women, their families, their communities, and the nation.
- Preparing gift acknowledgments;
- Assisting with the planning and execution of special events including a large annual awards dinner;
- Executing direct mail appeals and other department mailings and helping coordinate online appeals with the Communications team;
- Preparing regular stewardship email updates for NWLC’s donors;
- Helping maintain donor and prospect records and mailing lists in Raiser’s Edge;
- Maintaining the departmental calendar and meeting schedule;
- Researching prospective donors;
- Assisting with additional administrative tasks related to the team’s fundraising efforts, including administrative tasks related to foundation grant proposals and reports;
- Providing organization-wide assistance as needed, e.g., limited back up for receptionist.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following attributes:
- Associates degree;
- Some experience working in an administrative capacity;
- Extraordinary attention to detail;
- Outstanding time management and ability to prioritize, organize, and complete work independently;
- Strong written and oral communications, critical thinking, and proofreading skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Must be a team player and a self-starter with an eye for detail, flexibility, and good judgment as well as the ability to learn quickly and handle multiple, concurrent tasks and assignments in an effective manner;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database, gift acknowledgments, and special event support are strongly preferred;
- Proficiency in MS Word;
- Familiarity with MS Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Genuine passion for and understanding of the mission of the National Women’s Law Center and women’s rights issues;
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule when required.
Compensation will be both competitive and commensurate with the successful candidate’s background and experience.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter describing your qualifications, resume, and list of references. Electronic submissions are preferred. Please send materials to email@example.com and include position title in the subject line. Hard copies may be addressed to: Human Resources Department, National Women’s Law Center, 11 Dupont Circle, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036, FAX: 202-588-5185. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities, women, men, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and LGBTQI individuals.
As noted above, NWLC welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may send the request by mail to:
National Women’s Law Center
ATTN: Human Resources Director
11 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036