The National Women’s Law Center seeks a Development Assistant to join a development team that is expanding networks of, and deepening relationships with, individual, corporate, law firm, and foundation donors for this leading women’s rights organization. This is a high responsibility position that provides full administrative support to a fast-moving development team.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice — in the courts, in public policy, and in our society — working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us — especially those who face multiple forms of discrimination, including women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For more than 45 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women, and we need you with us to continue this fight.
- Provides administrative and logistical support for the Vice President of Development, including proactive calendar management; coordination of calls/emails, travel, and meeting logistics; processing of invoices and expense reports; and entering data in Raiser’s Edge and Asana.
- Prepares donor acknowledgments in coordination with members of the Development team;
- Maintains current, comprehensive, and reliable data, including in Raiser’s Edge;
- Assists with the planning and execution of special events and opportunities for donor engagement, including a large annual gala;
- Coordinates development team meetings and schedules internal and external meetings;
- Maintains department calendar and serves as the team lead in Asana;
- Assists with direct mail appeals and other department mailings/correspondences;
- Responds to organizational inquiries and requests for information;
- Maintains team supplies;
- Engages in proofreading, formatting, information gathering, filing, and other administrative tasks as needed across the development department;
- Provides organization-wide assistance as needed, e.g. limited back-up for receptionist and for the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize, organize and complete work independently, and with discretion;
- Strong organization skills;
- Must be self-starter with an eye for detail, flexibility, good judgment as well as the ability to learn quickly and handle multiple, concurrent tasks and assignments in an effective manner;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, diverse and inclusive team setting, remaining flexible, resourceful and proactive
Additional preferred skills and knowledge:
- Experience in an administrative capacity for a senior executive, preferably at a non-profit organization or related field;
- Experience working in Raiser’s Edge is a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working on gender and racial equity and centering communities of color in their approach to work.
- Work experience within a law firm, major company, leading nonprofit, or government agency.
The Assistant will report directly to the Vice President for Development and will provide aspects of administrative support to the Development team.
A minimum salary of $46,690 will be provided to the successful candidate who has experience directly relevant to this role, consistent with the National Women’s Law Center’s compensation framework.
NWLC recognizes a staff bargaining unit, NWLC United, affiliated with the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union/IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in NWLC’s bargaining unit. Specific employment terms are subject to collective bargaining.”
Please submit a cover letter, resume, one brief writing sample, and three references to email@example.com. Resumes should include exact start and end dates of employment specifically month and year. Electronic applications preferred. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities, women, men, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and LGBTQI individuals.
As noted above, NWLC welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may send the request by mail to:
National Women’s Law Center
ATTN: Human Resources Manager-Talent
11 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036