The National Women’s Law Center (NWLC) seeks a Community Partnerships Associate to help implement and support our work to partner with and center directly affected women and their families. The Associate will work closely with members of the Child Care and Income Security team to establish and grow relationships with community partners on child care and income security work.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice — in the courts, in public policy, and in our society — working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us — especially those who face multiple forms of discrimination, including women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For more than 45 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women, and we need you with us to continue this fight.
- Support Director of Community Partnerships to establish and grow relationships with community partners on child care and income security work;
- Provide project management support on a variety of Child Care and Income Security initiatives including digital storytelling to collaborate with low-paid workers to document the mismatch between household earnings and expenses;
- Support development of a speakers bureau of leaders with direct experience with economic insecurity, income support programs, and child care/early learning;
- Collaborate with press team to support media requests to connect with grassroots leaders and spokespeople;
- Plan and support the facilitation of calls and meetings;
- Provide administrative support like scheduling meetings and travel, completing expense reports, and maintaining databases; and
- As needed, provide other program and organization-wide support.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in the areas of communications, organizing, or advocacy;
- Fluency in MS Office programs, including Excel;
- A strong eye for detail, including proofreading skills, and a thoughtful, analytical approach to managing complex tasks;
- Strong writing skills and experience writing across platforms and for diverse audiences;
- Demonstrated experience and judgment working both collaboratively and independently;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Additional preferred skills and knowledge:
- Experience with event planning and coordination;
- Experience in WordPress (or similar a CMS), blog platforms (such as Tumblr or TypePad), and Google Analytics;
- Knowledge of existing Child Care and Income Security policies and Federal programs;
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working on gender and racial equity and centering communities of color in their approach to work.
The Associate will report to the Director of Community Partnerships on the Child Care and Early Learning team and will work with members of the Income Security and Child Care Team, colleagues across the National Women’s Law Center and other external partners including individual community leaders.
Compensation & Benefits
A minimum salary of $49,735 will be provided to the successful candidate who has experience directly relevant to this role, consistent with the National Women’s Law Center’s compensation framework.
The Center offers a comprehensive benefits package, and four weeks of annual vacation.
NWLC recognizes a staff bargaining unit, NWLC United, affiliated with the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union/IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit- workers. This position is included in NWLC’s bargaining unit. Specific employment terms are subject to collective bargaining.
How to Apply
To apply for this position submit a cover letter, resume, and three references with current contact information. Resumes should include exact start and end dates of employment specifically month and year. Please send application material via e-mail to: CPAssociate@nwlc.org and include position title in the subject line. Electronic submissions are preferred. No calls please.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; people of color; and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at email@example.com.