The National Women’s Law Center seeks an experienced organizer to work on a reproductive rights campaign.
The organizer will be responsible for reaching out to everyday women with a story to tell to be part of the campaign and will work with state partners and coalition members to hold rallies and other visibility events in key states. The person will use a wide range of offline and online organizing skills and techniques to help develop and execute the campaign. This is a one-year position, with the possibility of an extension.
- Using a range of tactics, find and vet women to be a part of the campaign.
- Liaise with outside digital consultant to develop and place online ads.
- Develop and nurture relationships with state partners, coalition members, and influencers in key states.
- Plan and execute rallies and other events in select states to raise visibility for the campaign.
- Work collaboratively and closely with colleagues in the Communications and Reproductive Rights and Health departments.
- Manage relationships with consultants and other vendors.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least four years of experience working on issue and/or electoral campaigns in an organizer capacity.
- Experience working with coalition and/or campaign partners.
- Experience planning rallies, meetings, and other events.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- The ability to be self-directed and work well with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and manage workflow processes involving multiple people.
- Experience and judgment working both collaboratively and independently.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Experience with outreach to millennials and communities of color a plus.
- Experience with reproductive rights a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Center offers excellent benefits, including pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation, and four weeks of annual vacation. Office located on Metro’s Red Line in DuPont Circle. Intellectually stimulating workplace with passionate, dedicated colleagues.
To apply, please submit a resume, three supervisory references, short writing sample, and a cover letter. In your cover letter, please describe how your professional background is a good fit for this position.
Electronic submissions are preferred. Please send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and include position title in the subject line. Hard copies may be addressed to: Human Resources Department, National Women’s Law Center, 11 DuPont Circle NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036, FAX: 202-588-5185. Applications accepted until position is filled. No calls please.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, men, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, and LGBTQI individuals.