The National Women’s Law Center seeks an experienced communicator to support issues and digital campaigns and other initiatives that advance progress for women and girls at school, at work, at home, and in their communities.
The Senior Digital and Mobilization Manager will help develop and execute the Center’s rapid response efforts to defend laws and policies important to women and girls from being rolled back under the incoming presidential administration. The Senior Manager will also develop and implement engagement and mobilization strategies (including digital) for the Center’s economic security work, which includes such issues as poverty and income support programs. The Senior Manager will use a wide range of digital skills and mobilization techniques to help develop and execute various digital and supporter engagement strategies.
- Help plan and manage the Center’s rapid-response digital work, including developing and implementing rapid-response tactics and messaging.
- Design and execute strategies to engage and mobilize Center supporters on issues affecting women’s economic security.
- Write and disseminate action alerts, social media content, blog posts, toolkits, and other related materials.
- Help organize and manage meetings, webinars, public speaking opportunities, and other NWLC-hosted events.
- Represent NWLC at appropriate coalition meetings.
- Work collaboratively and closely with colleagues in the Communications Department and with program departments, especially the Income Security team.
- Manage relationships with consultants and other vendors.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree, with at least seven years of experience doing digital advocacy work and/or running issue campaigns or working on electoral campaigns in a digital or mobilization capacity.
- Experience with progressive issues.
- Experience with economic security issues a plus.
- The ability to grasp key policy messages and effectively communicate them to a variety of audiences, especially across digital channels.
- Hands-on experience with a wide range of communications tools, such as social media platforms and analytics, eCRMS, webinars, action alerts, listservs, and databases.
- Strong writing skills and experience writing across platforms and for diverse audiences.
- Experience with event planning and coordination preferred.
- Experience with outreach to millennials and communities of color is a plus.
- The ability to be self-directed and work well with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and manage workflow processes involving multiple people.
- Demonstrated experience and judgment working both collaboratively and independently.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and write, edit, and manage distribution of communications quickly.
- Careful attention to detail is a must.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Center offers excellent benefits, including pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation, and four weeks of annual vacation. Office located on Metro’s Red Line in DuPont Circle. Intellectually stimulating workplace with passionate, dedicated colleagues.
To apply, please submit a resume, three supervisory references, short writing sample, and a cover letter. In your cover letter, please describe how your professional background is a good fit for this position.
Electronic submissions are preferred. Please send materials to email@example.com and include position title in the subject line. Hard copies may be addressed to: Human Resources Department, National Women’s Law Center, 11 DuPont Circle NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036, FAX: 202-588-5185. Applications accepted until position is filled. No calls please.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, men, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, and LGBTQI individuals.