I am not a morning person and, believe me when I say that I do not relish the thought of waking up before dawn on Tuesday so that I can drag myself to the polls. But, I will. Why? Because voting matters. When you vote – your voice is heard. It is your opportunity to stand up and be counted. This year, my vote will say:
- Yippee for health reform!
- It’s about time that being a woman is not a pre-existing condition, let’s keep it that way.
- Hey you — insurance company — pretty soon you won’t be able to charge me more for health insurance just because I’m a woman. I’m going to make sure it stays that way.
- Good riddance to having to pay for preventive health services and screenings. Don’t come back.
- What a relief to have direct access to my OB/GYN without having to get a referral. I don’t want to have to go through that hassle again.
- I’m glad that my health insurance is going to have to cover maternity care. Let’s not return to the days when it was nearly impossible for a woman to find an individual health insurance plan that provided maternity coverage.
What is your vote going to say?